Request for help: filling out a "Porting oVirt" checklist

Dave Neary dneary at redhat.com
Thu Nov 22 14:11:48 UTC 2012

Hi all,

In the context of deploying the new site, I'm filling a couple of gaps
we've identified in the content in the wiki. In particular, I started a
"Porting oVirt" page today, aiming at developers who wish to do the
integration work to use their preferred distro as an oVirt managed node:
http://wiki.ovirt.org/wiki/Porting_oVirt

I have a very rough idea what's involved - the Guest agent, virtio and
SPICE server need to work on guest OSes, and VDSM, libvirt and KVM need
to be working well on the hypervisor.

Would someone mind reading over the page, and perhaps adding some
checklists of stuff to check to ensure it's "working"? I would really
appreciate it!

Thanks,
Dave.

--
Dave Neary - Community Action and Impact
Ph: +33 9 50 71 55 62 / Cell: +33 6 77 01 92 13