feature suggestion: migration network

Caitlin Bestler Caitlin.Bestler at nexenta.com
Mon Jan 21 18:21:56 UTC 2013

Livnat Peer wrote:

> I think you are describing a use case for separating the migration network from the management network.
> I see a reason for providing that, for example the use case you described above.
> I am curious if there is a use case to have more than one migration network in a Cluser.

Given that tenants do not explicitly request that their VMs be migrated I can't see charging for them.
If there is no separate chargeback I do not see any benefit from having multiple migration networks.
The management plane is already capable of favoring Platinum customers over Bronze customers
without real-time support from the network.

On the other hand there is clear value in preventing migration traffic from interfering with management
traffic, for example cancelling a migration.