3.3 release engineering - awesome page!

Dave Neary dneary at redhat.com
Mon May 6 22:55:19 UTC 2013

Hi all,

I came across this page today when looking for information on the 3.3
release timeline: http://www.ovirt.org/oVirt_3.3_release-management

This is awesome! I was a little surprised, because I hadn't seen a lot
of discussion on the arch list about the 3.3 release planning, but this
is a great resource to have.

Can I suggest one improvement which could be done this week, please?
There's no way of knowing from this page which features in the MUST,
SHOULD lists are done and just awaiting release, in need of QE and
testing, being actively worked on (and if so, by who?) and which
features are there aspirationally and won't be worked on unless someone
volunteers to pick them up.

This would also give an opportunity to see whether the 2013-05-31 beta
release date is at all realistic now, and whether we need a feature
bump/feature freeze meeting soon which allows us to stay on schedule.

If you're working on a feature that's in this page and it's not
finished, would you mind adding a link to the feature page (if there is
one) and adding your name to the feature, please? And if the feature is
done, please link to the feature page, or some other resource that
allows people to use and test it - and (if possible) the changelog
entry/gerrit where the patch was included.

Thanks!
Dave.

--
Dave Neary - Community Action and Impact
Ph: +33 9 50 71 55 62 / Cell: +33 6 77 01 92 13