feature suggestion: initial generation of management network

Alon Bar-Lev alonbl at redhat.com
Mon May 20 13:08:39 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----

I thought this is created in the node-core...
Just confirmed.
A node without vdsm plugin also create that bridge.
vdsm has nothing to do with this process as far as I know.

> For images 3.2 and below we still need this code, because oVirt node
> creates brXXX bridges and the engine do not configure the network
> automatically if a bridge exists on the interface.

It is not just 'need this code' it is that we cannot use the bridgeless solution at enigne.

1. We need to detect node version and perform bridgeless deployment if node is >= x, but we do not know this at engine when we deploy a host... we even do not know that it is ovirt-node.

2. I release a new minor version of ovirt-host-deploy that delete the bridge regardless of the mode.

3. Engine will be able to delete this bridge just like he is able to create the management bridge.

> The down side to the above is that for management networks that
> configured in the engine as bridgeless the management network on the
> host would still be bridged thus will be marked as not-in-sync.

Right, and because of that I think that (3) is the best solution.

Thanks,
Alon