Edit Provisioned Network Feature

Moti Asayag masayag at redhat.com
Tue Nov 26 09:16:08 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----

This option isn't supported in ovirt-engine. User cannot modify the network name
via setup network. Only add/remove an existing network which is attached to the
cluster or remove unmanaged networks.

> Or does it mean that name can be
> overridden per host but not be applied across hosts? I am not clear what you
> mean when you say it is permitted but blocked from modification.

The added checkbox to 'Edit Network' dialog will be used to determine if the admin
wishes to apply the network changes to all of the hosts.

The feature enhance the 'Sync network' ability of the 'Setup Network' feature to
perform the appliance on the hosts.

If the network name is modified while it is being used on hosts, the network becomes
unmanaged on the hosts, since we identify the attached network to a host by its name.
Therefore in such case we cannot leverage the 'Sync network' to apply the network change.

When the user selects the 'apply to all hosts' new checkbox and modifies the network name,
we should block this option to reduce the complexity of this feature (at least for phase 1).

Renaming a network being used will be supported of the 'apply to all hosts' checkbox will not
be selected. It results on the network being identified as 'unmanaged' on the hosts.