[node-devel] Versioning of oVirt Node

Alon Bar-Lev alonbl at redhat.com
Mon Mar 31 15:04:55 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----

vdsm plugins are not supported on ovirt-node as far as I know.

anyway, I use this example to demonstrate how much it is not black box as people argue.

for the record, there is nothing to be re-invented, rpm is not a tool suitable for creating embedded solution, open embedded or plain cross compile image are valid. rpm or any package management solution is <somewhat> good for dynamic system, which is not the case in ovirt-node, as image is static once released.

> We may be able to get away with an EL7-based build only until it diverges too
> far from Fedora, at least, but I can't help but see this as a temporary
> solution.

there is already rhel 7 beta, and I do not see any reason to start porting before it stabilize and waste resources on fedora, but you have this as a base for development instead of fedora if someone really like.