[Engine-devel] Ovirt on Fedora17

Juan Hernandez jhernand at redhat.com
Fri Jun 8 09:14:34 UTC 2012

On 06/08/2012 12:23 AM, Gianluca Cecchi wrote:
> On Wed Jun 6 12:07:55 EDT 2012 Oved Ourfalli wrote:
>> Hey,
>>
>> You should really send such question to engine-devel, as someone might have encountered such an issue, so there might be a solution for that.
>> Can you also attach the vdsm.log file (in the host, under the directory /var/log/vdsm/vdsm.log).
>>
>> Thank you,
>> Oved

In Fedora 17 you can just do "yum install ovirt-engine" and you will get
version 3.0 without the GUI, only the backend and the RESTAPI. The
reason for the missing GUI is that GWT is not yet available in Fedora.

If you want to help testing the upcoming 3.1 release, including the GUI,
then it is better to use the latest alpha version, setting up an
additional repository with a "ovirt-engine-31.repo" file in your
"/etc/yum.repos.d" directory and the following content:

[ovirt-engine-31]
name=ovirt-engine-31
baseurl=http://ovirt.org/releases/beta/fedora/17
enabled=1
gpgcheck=0

Then install the engine with the following command:

yum install ovirt-engine-3.1.0_0001

If you find issues please let us know.

3ºD, 28016 Madrid, Spain