[Engine-devel] DB Performance Monitoring

Yair Zaslavsky yzaslavs at redhat.com
Tue Feb 26 08:30:10 UTC 2013

ACK, thanks for that.

> The next step is, by my opinion, is start to use cache for not often
> changed object, VdsGroup is classical example of
> such object.

+1 - and another issue I wanted to take a look into - Please notice we have entities representing views.
I have a feeling we abuse VM (for example) too much - we use AuditLoggableBase to "cache" vm - but still - I bet that in some flows
we don't need the entire VM -> we might need only static (or dynamic part) of it.
We should take a look into this as well . Getting vm dynamic from db instead of vm means less joins.
Same applies for vds and storage_domains

Yair