[Engine-devel] Question about the attribute lunType (LUNs)

Gustavo Frederico Temple Pedrosa gustavo.pedrosa at eldorado.org.br
Mon Jul 29 18:06:53 UTC 2013

Hello everyone,

The QEMU/KVM on IBM POWER does not support iSCSI yet. This requires the implementation of methods that evaluate if a Disk is a iSCSI LUN or not, in order to avoid its use in this specific architecture.
Looks like this can be determined by the attribute lunType (which is of the type StorageType, an Enum) of the class LUNs. But when I retrieve the object, the attribute lunType has the value "UNKNOWN", even if I've setted it with another value. In the class LunDAODbFacadeImpl there is not a call to the "entity.setLunType" method.

Does anyone know how to retrieve the attribute lunType? Is the "UNKNOW" value a bug?

Thanks,
Leonardo Bianconi/Vitor de Lima/Gustavo Pedrosa