[Engine-devel] Guest Reboot

Doron Fediuck dfediuck at redhat.com
Mon Jun 10 12:43:14 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----

Hi Martin,
Starting version 3.3 we'll enable a fully operational watchdog device.
This device is capable of auto-restarting a guest in case something
goes wrong in the guest (BSOD / kernel panic). This may handle some
of your use cases but not all of them.

My only request from you is to verify the reboot expected behavior
in VMs who are actively using a watchdog device set to restart the
guest. Otherwise users will see conflicts and/or double reboots.

The VM configuration may or may not include a guest agent and a
watchdog device. A watchdog device may reset (reboot) the guest,
but may also pause it for debugging purposes or simply do nothing.
So a table that lists VM configuration and expected behavior should
probably clarify everything and prevent implementation issues.

Doron