[Engine-devel] IE9 Issue with UI Plugin

Hopper, Richard Richard.Hopper at netapp.com
Mon Jun 17 18:16:03 UTC 2013

Hi Vojtech,

I had previously sent you an email about IE9 compatibility where the problem we were having was solved by omitting console logging when a console was unavailable (i.e. IE). However, it is looking like IE9 may have a bigger issue with regards to the plugin framework.

Now that we have gotten dialogs to open via dynamically inserted buttons within RHEV tabs (for example, a NetApp button in the Storage tab), we can go through our whole process with the exception of closing the window. In all other browsers, our dialog will close as expected, but in IE the window remains open. It can be closed by hitting the red "x" in the corner, but it appears the code in the frame itself cannot close the window, with a console message in the dev tools of IE9 showing an error of "'Math' is undefined". I've read up on this, and it seems like this is a very widespread error in Internet Explorer concerning the manner/order in which iframes are dynamically inserted.

I've copied engine-devel in case anyone has similar issues/solutions, but it seems as though we need some sort of clause in the plugin framework for IE when it comes to dynamic insertion of new windows.

- Ricky Hopper