[ovirt-devel] UI plugins using REST API

Juan Hernandez jhernand at redhat.com
Wed Apr 30 10:05:43 UTC 2014

On 04/30/2014 11:17 AM, Sven Kieske wrote:

> Am 29.04.2014 17:05, schrieb Vojtech Szocs:
>> just a quick note on UI plugin vs. REST API integration,
>> there are currently two ways to work with REST API:
>>
>> * (standard) /ovirt-engine/api
>> * (legacy)   /api
>>
>> Please don't use the legacy URL, since "sessionId" that
>> is acquired via RestApiSessionAcquired event handler [1]
>> works only for the standard URL.
>

> I really thing you named this thread the wrong way
> as you can utilize rest api from way more things
> than just UI plugins.
>
> This is relevant to any third party webservice
> which wants or needs to interact with the api. :)

Actually Vojtech is correct, as this is a problem only for UI plugins,
because they share the session created by webadmin. Webadmin creates the
session using /ovirt-engine/api, so it won't work if UI plugins try to
use it with /api.

For any other clients using the RESTAPI this isn't a problem, both /api
and /ovirt-engine/api work correctly.

Anyhow, it is good if you update your clients to use /ovirt-engine/api
instead of /api, as /api may be deprecated in the future. But at the
moment /api is 100% supported, except for UI plugins.

3ºD, 28016 Madrid, Spain