[ovirt-devel] Problem In Ovirt-Node

Dan Kenigsberg danken at redhat.com
Wed May 7 08:01:41 UTC 2014

On Wed, May 07, 2014 at 11:44:02AM +0800, yao xu wrote:
> Ah..
>
> I replace a new netcard .But the old netcard's mac address is remembered by
> ovirt-node .(I can find the old netcard configure file in
> /var/lib/statelss/writable/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ )
>
> Thus when I reboot the machine , the new netcard can't be up. If I remove
> the MAC address in configure file , everything will be OK.
>
> Do you think it is a problem ? Have you ever fix this in new version .
>
> Thanks for your reply.

That's a known issue, to which we do not have a clean-cut solution.
However, since ovirt-3.4 [1], you can configure Vdsm to avoid writing
HWADDR in its ifcfg files, by setting

    hwaddr_in_ifcfg = never

in /etc/vdsm/vdsm.conf.

This can be safely done only if NetworkManager is turned off, or with
new versions of NetworkManager (/me thinks 0.9.9.1) that supports
"interface-name: unmanaged-spec".

[1] http://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/22288/6/lib/vdsm/config.py.in