[ovirt-devel] Login is failing at master due to cookie hell

Alon Bar-Lev alonbl at redhat.com
Wed May 7 09:37:22 UTC 2014

Hi,

Thanks Omer for the hint!

Following merge of several patches HttpOnly cookie patch[1], and the new
theme[2] (I guess), the login stopped working.

The frontend is doing basic authentication against the restapi and attempt to
move the cookie(?)? But it sending the cookie without http only marker.

I do not fully understand the logic, but it may parse the cookie manually in
order to do so?

Our cookies must have HttpOnly markers so this probably need to be solved at
the component which sends the cookie without the HttpOnly.

For now, people that experiencing this, please revert[1] until we can sort it
out.

Thanks,
Alon

[1] http://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/25915/