[ovirt-devel] limiting gwt compiler threads to 1

Greg Sheremeta gshereme at redhat.com
Thu May 15 01:09:17 UTC 2014

Hi,

On Fedora 20, I sometimes get GWT compiler crashes due to OutOfMemory. So I tried limiting to 1 thread like so:

make clean install-dev PREFIX=$HOME/ovirt-engine DEV_EXTRA_BUILD_FLAGS_GWT_DEFAULTS="-Dgwt.userAgent=gecko1_8,safari" BUILD_UT=0 DEV_EXTRA_BUILD_FLAGS="-Dgwt.jjs.maxThreads=1 -Dgwt.jjs.permutationWorkerFactory=com.google.gwt.dev.ThreadedPermutationWorkerFactory"

When the two compiler threads spawn, they seem to fire at the same time.

[INFO]    Compiling 2 permutations
[INFO]       Compiling permutation 0...
[INFO]       Compiling permutation 1...

I would expect there to be a delay while 1 waits for 0:

[INFO]    Compiling 2 permutations
[INFO]       Compiling permutation 0...
<30 second pause...>   <done>
[INFO]       Compiling permutation 1...