[ovirt-devel] [vdsm] Unifying VM device representations

Adam Litke alitke at redhat.com
Tue May 20 16:20:33 UTC 2014

Hi Martin,

I noticed that you are working on some patches to refactor the VM
devices and deprecate self.conf['devices'].  I am a big fan of this
because my Live Merge code is far more complex than it should be since
some information lives in self.conf['devices'] and some lives in
self.devices.

Are you planning on changing the recovery code save/recovery of
vm.conf to work with the new device container you are creating?  It
would be nice to get my code working entirely independent of
self.conf['devices'] if possible.  Also, when are you aiming to have
this work completed?  Live Merge is needed for 3.5.  Will this work be
ready before then?

Thanks!

--
Adam Litke