[ovirt-devel] [VDSM][JSON RPC] new vdsClient?

Francesco Romani fromani at redhat.com
Fri Nov 14 16:34:57 UTC 2014

Hi everyone,

the recent JSONRPC discussion and my last work around vdsClient reminded me that
since a long time there it was vague plans for a vdsClient overhaul

or at least I haven't ever found a detailed plan :)

Since we have to add jsonrpc support anyway, it could be a good chance to bootstrap
a new vdsClient, and incrementally enhance it as needs arises; the old vdsClient will
not go away very soon, I guess.

At least, we can to put together a wishlist for a new vdsClient and add it to the wiki.

My one, so far:
* client library package: we should have a program-friendly python package to access
  VDSM, in order
* JSON for input: I's like to open logs, grab a line including a command and feed
  vdsClient with the very same line

Thoughts?

--
Francesco Romani