[ovirt-devel] [VDSM][JSON RPC] new vdsClient?

Francesco Romani fromani at redhat.com
Fri Nov 14 16:44:52 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----

[...]
> At least, we can to put together a wishlist for a new vdsClient and add it to
> the wiki.
>
> My one, so far:
[...]

Hit 'send' too early:

* client library package: we should have a program-friendly python package to access
  VDSM, in order to make it more testable, and vdsClient should be a thin layer around
  that
* schema-based: the package/tool should be given a schema file, and determine the API
  from that.
* JSON for input: I's like to open logs, grab a line including a command and feed
  vdsClient with the very same line
* JSON for output as well (seems nice, no real use case in mind)

--
Francesco Romani
RedHat Engineering Virtualization R & D