[ovirt-devel] Integration tests future (and very nice alternative for the DAO fixture file)

Roman Mohr rmohr at redhat.com
Mon Apr 18 09:10:56 UTC 2016

On Sun, Apr 17, 2016 at 9:49 PM, Martin Mucha <mmucha at redhat.com> wrote:

> Having such builders would simplify our lives for sure. But I'd really try
> to avoid any autogeneration. I would cost lots of man hours to make it
> happen and result won't be good. If we agree to use this approach, and
> everyone write new methods as they're needed, 'some basic builders' come to
> life very easy and fast.

That's what I had in mind and I have pretty good experience with that
pattern from previous projects. I am also against autogeneration for the
mentioned reasons in that case. If you are on a greenfield project, Lombok
has a nice @Builder [1] in general but it does also not fit very well here.

[6] https://projectlombok.org/features/Builder.html