[ovirt-devel] Alternatives to automatically move bugs to MODIFIED

Eyal Edri eedri at redhat.com
Wed Aug 17 11:47:12 UTC 2016

On Wed, Aug 17, 2016 at 2:25 PM, Nir Soffer <nsoffer at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 17, 2016 at 1:45 PM, Eyal Edri <eedri at redhat.com> wrote:
> > I still thinks its a very valuable hook and we are aware of the fact it
> has
> > bugs,  especially with patches on master branch and 4.0.
> >
> > Shlomi from the infra team is working on a solution for it as we speak
> and
> > we hope to have a solution in the next few days,  however it's not
> trival to
> > test and requires setting up a staging env and improve loga for the hooks
> > system.
>
> How do you plan to solve this?
>
> Only the owner of the bug knows if the all the required patches are merged

The authors should use Bug-Url on the main bug and related-to: on other
patches that are related.

> and backported to the correct repositories.

This is done with logic according to the bug target milestone.

for e.g - a patch on branch 'ovirt-engine-4.0' was merged to bug targeted
to ovirt-4.0.2.
The hook should check if branch 4.0.2 exists or not, if it exists then the
bug should NOT move to MODIFIED,
since it needs still backporting to ovirt-engine-4.0.2 branch.

> > On Aug 17, 2016 12:06 PM, "Eli Mesika" <emesika at redhat.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> I also got this, especially when bugs should be back-ported
> >> +1 for option #1

> this.

> patches
> New

Eyal Edri
Associate Manager
RHV DevOps
EMEA ENG Virtualization R&D
Red Hat Israel

phone: +972-9-7692018
irc: eedri (on #tlv #rhev-dev #rhev-integ)