[ovirt-devel] broken master: removal of release in spec requirements

Francesco Romani fromani at redhat.com
Mon Aug 29 07:12:53 UTC 2016

----- Original Message -----

I see, and I'm ok with the revert.
I can take care, because who messed up should also clean up :)

That said, I still wonder if this applies only to development snapshots (I think yes,
customers shouldn't seen this), and, if so, how we could handle this differently
without a revert.

> I think this change should be reverted and the solution should be in the
> build process. Newer release is equal to higher version, requirement should
> include the release number.
> so for example, 4.18.7-1 was shipped and for ppc we built 4.18.7-2 so
> 4.18.7-2 is newer. can't see how this can be different.

I still think this is not the best way :\

Bests,

--
Francesco Romani
RedHat Engineering Virtualization R & D