[ovirt-devel] broken master: removal of release in spec requirements

Nir Soffer nsoffer at redhat.com
Mon Aug 29 10:14:49 UTC 2016

On Sun, Aug 28, 2016 at 3:17 PM, Yaniv Bronheim <ybronhei at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In https://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/62672 we removed the release from vdsm* requirements. Although it sounds reasonable and quite safe, it was not.
> In development env it causes mixup of versions when upgrading.

I think this change was unneeded, as vdsm builds for different
architectures use the *same* release:

    name-major.minor.bugfix-release.offset.githash

Unlike other packages using:

    name-major.minor.bugfix-release.timestamp.githash

So I don't see why this patch was needed.

Additionally, vdsm sub packages are tightly coupled, and using a package
from different commit is *not* supported, as internal apis may always change.

So we should revert this patch.

Nir