[ovirt-devel] Killing XMLRPC on master

Piotr Kliczewski pkliczew at redhat.com
Wed Jun 22 09:24:34 UTC 2016

On Wed, Jun 22, 2016 at 10:39 AM, Michal Skrivanek <
michal.skrivanek at redhat.com> wrote:

> On 20 Jun 2016, at 18:41, Piotr Kliczewski <pkliczew at redhat.com> wrote:

>> > We would like to avoid going through VDSM completely, except from the
>> > broker part. Is it possible now to "parasitically" listen to vdsm
>> > events and engine commands without having to go through VDSM API?
>>
>> Sounds like a good plan.
>>

> bypassing vdsm for mom things is a good idea, but we need to make sure
> we’re not killing the rest of the system
>

>> Piotr, how far are we from letting mom listen to engine queue so it get
>> engine
>> events/responses for certain verbs?
>

> We can do it now for both events and responses. We need to remember that
> we would
> receive anything that the engine is receiving. We could do better but that
> it would take
> more time.
>

> so it would receive all responses for only the defined verbs?
> It would wok well for getAllVmStats

If we subscribe to engine response queue we receive all the traffic. At the
moment there is no way
to define verbs we listen to. This functionality is only for events.

>> > You can drop XML RPC,. vdsm does not depend on MOM working anymore.
>> > Just the balloon and ksm stats will be missing from data that are
>> > being sent to the engine.
>>

> and a lot of things stops working then;)

Maybe we can disable [1] it before dropping it. We can slowly fix master
and if needed we can enable it for
specific envs.

[1] https://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/59172/