[ovirt-devel] Extend Support OSes

Francesco Romani fromani at redhat.com
Tue Oct 4 09:41:07 UTC 2016

----- Original Message -----

Hello Suramya,

I suggest you to spend some time downloading the Vdsm codebase and looking around,
running the tests and so forth; this step will be beneficial for your contributions,
including the initial one (as per https://www.gnome.org/outreachy/#apply).

You can download the sources using

git clone https://gerrit.ovirt.org/vdsm

(You don't need a gerrit account or special permissions for this step, but you'll
need this for actual submission and to take part to the review process, later on).
The application task will follow up as soon as possible.

Here are the instructions about how to set up a development environment:
http://www.ovirt.org/develop/developer-guide/vdsm/developers/

I recommend to work on a CentOS 7.2 or Fedora 24 system, either real or virtualized.

Should you have any question, feel free to post a message here, or ping me
on irc (fromani on the #vdsm channel on freenode).