[ovirt-devel] [VDSM] Exception in the build

Nir Soffer nsoffer at redhat.com
Tue Oct 4 14:01:25 UTC 2016

On Tue, Oct 4, 2016 at 11:07 AM, Piotr Kliczewski
<piotr.kliczewski at gmail.com> wrote:
> All,
>
> In recent master I noticed following line:
>
> Exception AttributeError: "'NoneType' object has no attribute
> 'udev_unref'" in <bound method Context.__del__ of <pyudev.core.Context
> object at 0x4a089d0>> ignored
>
> Can anyone take a look at it?

Francesco and me looked at it few weeks ago. There is a global udev context
in one of the library we use, and this context __del__ is called
during shutdown,
which never works since python is halfly destructed at this point.

I think the issue was in blivet. The solution for this is to replace
the automatic
initialization on import and destruction on system shutdown by
explicit life cycle
in the library.

This can be also solved in udev by writing proper C extension instead of using
ctypes.

Nir