[ovirt-devel] problem about setting up ovirt-engine java IDE developemnt environment under centos 7

yuening ynliu at linx-info.com
Thu Apr 27 07:54:46 UTC 2017

hi, everyone

I am newbie for ovirt-engine development and maven, I meet some
questions about setup ovirt-engine development,  which had blocked me
for almost ten days;I hope to get your help or some tips

the following description is the process of setup ovirt-engine development:

  After installing centos 7(CentOS-7-x86_64-DVD-1511.iso)with Minimal
installation, then refer to

http://www.ovirt.org/develop/developer-guide/engine/engine-development-environment/
(I use ovirt-engine 4.1 version)

I can compile and run ovirt-engine on cenots 7, ovirt-engine web page
can be accessed normally,  Moreover, after installing gnome desktop on
centos7 and setting up java IDE development (I use Intellij
idea-IC-171.4073.35 community edition), I met some questions about using
Intellij idea IDE to debug ovirt-engine, the following is my problem

I  refer  the following two links to build the developement environment

https://www.ovirt.org/develop/developer-guide/engine/building/ide/

   https://www.ovirt.org/develop/developer-guide/debugfrontend/

  firstly, at ovirt-engine source directory, after mading the following
operation,   I can attach to port 8000 under intellij idea IDE
environments, but debug can not be started

|#make gwt-debug DEBUG_MODULE="webadmin"
DEV_EXTRA_BUILD_FLAGS_GWT_DEFAULTS="-Dgwt.userAgent=|||gecko1_8|" (the
picture b is output from the command)

|  the second picture below is a snapshot for Intellij idea 、GWT module
and Web browser (please notice the output "no Server is set! Skipping
exploding war file ..." in the picture above)

my questions are that why does not the web page be open?  it seem as if
ovirt-engine/webadmin/WebAdmin.html does not be made, but I do not know
how to get the WebAdmin.html by maven command line, Could you tell me
that what is key point ?

In addition. I had ever attempt to 'mvn gwt:run' , but it did not work,
output is as following:

it tell me that the 'runTarget' is missing, but I don not know how to
get my 'runTarget'