[ovirt-devel] problem about setting up ovirt-engine java IDE developemnt environment under centos 7

Dominik Holler dholler at redhat.com
Fri Apr 28 11:16:30 UTC 2017

Please find my comments below.

On Thu, 27 Apr 2017 15:54:46 +0800
yuening <ynliu at linx-info.com> wrote:

>   After installing centos 7(CentOS-7-x86_64-DVD-1511.iso)with
> Minimal installation, then refer to
>
> http://www.ovirt.org/develop/developer-guide/engine/engine-development-environment/
> (I use ovirt-engine 4.1 version)
>
> I can compile and run ovirt-engine on cenots 7, ovirt-engine web page
> can be accessed normally,  Moreover, after installing gnome desktop
> on centos7 and setting up java IDE development (I use Intellij
> idea-IC-171.4073.35 community edition), I met some questions about
> using Intellij idea IDE to debug ovirt-engine,

There are two different ways to debug ovirt-engine.
If you want to debug the backend, please follow the instructions from
https://gerrit.ovirt.org/gitweb?p=ovirt-engine.git;a=blob_plain;f=README.adoc
and use port 8787 for debugging.

> the following is my
> problem description:
>
> I  refer  the following two links to build the developement
> environment
>
> https://www.ovirt.org/develop/developer-guide/engine/building/ide/
>
>    https://www.ovirt.org/develop/developer-guide/debugfrontend/

If you want to debug the frontend, try firefox version 26 as browser.