[ovirt-devel] problem about setting up ovirt-engine java IDE developemnt environment under centos 7

Greg Sheremeta gshereme at redhat.com
Fri Apr 28 13:06:06 UTC 2017

It looks like you're very close to getting it working.

So you have two terminals open -- one running the engine, and one running
the debug mvn command (make gwt-debug DEBUG_MODULE="webadmin"
DEV_EXTRA_BUILD_FLAGS_GWT_DEFAULTS="-Dgwt.userAgent=gecko1_8")

It looks like the 404 is happening because the engine is not actually
running / serving the UI.
What is the full URL in your browser? It's covered up in your screenshot.
Remove the ?gwt... part from your URL. Any luck? Restart engine, don't
bother with debugging yet. Can you get to the UI?

Once you can get the UI back, then you can try to debug again. Open that
second terminal again, make gwt-debug DEBUG_MODULE="webadmin"
DEV_EXTRA_BUILD_FLAGS_GWT_DEFAULTS="-Dgwt.userAgent=gecko1_8"

Then, using Firefox 26 [1], open the UI. Log in. Once that works, start the
debug session in IDEA, and then add the gwt.codesvr=127.0.0.1:9997 back
onto the URL and hit enter.

Hope this helps.

Greg

[1] https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/releases/26.0/