[ovirt-devel] Snapshots & clone support from datastore

Nir Soffer nsoffer at redhat.com
Thu Jun 22 13:20:13 UTC 2017

On Thu, Jun 22, 2017 at 3:39 PM Yaniv Lavi (Dary) <ylavi at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> You can have a look at the libfgapi patches as the are the first to
> externalize the snapshot process to separate implementation.

Snapshots in libgfapi are not using any external process. The only
difference
is modifying the volume from file path
(/rhev/data-center/mnt/server:path/sd_id/images/img_id/vol_id) to gluster
path
(volume/sd_id/images/img_id/vol_id).

This modification is done when we prepare a volume. This is basically a hack
since gluster connections are not managed properly in engine like other
types
of storage.

Nir