[ovirt-devel] Firewalld migration.

Yaniv Kaul ykaul at redhat.com
Tue Mar 28 13:00:23 UTC 2017

On Tue, Mar 28, 2017 at 3:16 PM, Sven Kieske <s.kieske at mittwald.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> just a quick note from the end user /sys admin/dev ops perspective:
>
> wouldn't it suffice if you have rules for common config management
> systems at hand / in the docs/ on github?
>
> I like packages the most, that don't try to own the whole system.
>
> just provide a saltstack formula and I'm fine ;)

s/saltstack/ansible/g ;-)

Not that I have anything against saltstack, but we have made some
investment in Ansible modules for oVirt, and it seems logical we'll keep
adding more such modules to manage the hosts (and perhaps later on the
network, storage, ...)

Of course, we'd be happy to see contributions for saltstack based oVirt
mgmt!
And looking at[1], there's certainly demand for it. Sounds like a great
GSoC project idea, no?

Do you know if it should be done to SaltVirt[2] or SaltCloud[3] ? I'm not
sure and have not investigated it yet.

Y.
[1] https://github.com/saltstack/salt/issues/30323
[2] https://docs.saltstack.com/en/latest/topics/virt/