[ovirt-devel] Firewalld migration.

Leon Goldberg lgoldber at redhat.com
Tue Mar 28 14:10:51 UTC 2017

On Tue, Mar 28, 2017 at 3:16 PM, Sven Kieske <s.kieske at mittwald.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> just a quick note from the end user /sys admin/dev ops perspective:
>
> wouldn't it suffice if you have rules for common config management
> systems at hand / in the docs/ on github?
>
> I like packages the most, that don't try to own the whole system.
>
> just provide a saltstack formula and I'm fine ;)
>
> just my 2 cent
>
> Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Regards
>
> Sven Kieske
>
> Systemadministrator
> Mittwald CM Service GmbH & Co. KG
> Königsberger Straße 6
> 32339 Espelkamp
> T: +495772 293100
> F: +495772 293333
> https://www.mittwald.de
> Geschäftsführer: Robert Meyer
> St.Nr.: 331/5721/1033, USt-IdNr.: DE814773217, HRA 6640, AG Bad Oeynhausen
> Komplementärin: Robert Meyer Verwaltungs GmbH, HRB 13260, AG Bad Oeynhausen

After doing a little bit of research, it seems like the previously
suggested ansible approach could be well suited. We already have an
inventory script[1] that could be used in combination with firewalld
ansible playbooks, i.e.:

*"ansible-playbook --limit=some-cluster
--inventory=ovirt-engine-hosts-ansible-inventory.py
some-cluster-firewalld.yaml"*[1]
https://github.com/oVirt/ovirt-engine-metrics/blob/64fef8c80ec607056b8477f76f2523a1810ba37d/packaging/setup/bin/ovirt-engine-hosts-ansible-inventory.py