[ovirt-devel] Heads up - Findbugs checks back on ovirt-engine master branch

Eyal Edri eedri at redhat.com
Tue May 23 15:05:24 UTC 2017

Hi Tal,

Thanks for the help in finding this and solving all the pending issues.
If engine maintainers feel confident with this fix, I recommend backporting
it to engine check-patch.sh for 4.1 branch, so we can remove the old
findbugs job, which doesn't give
maintainers control on what exactly will run or alter its configuration.

On Tue, May 23, 2017 at 5:56 PM, Tal Nisan <tnisan at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hey everyone,
>
> Due to a bug in the check-patch Jenkins jobs the findbugs checks were
> effectively disabled for the last weeks in the master branch (the stable
> branches are using a separate job for findbugs so there it still worked).
>
> With the help of Daniel Belensky from the RHV DevOps team we've identified
> and solved the problem in the Jenkins job.
> We've also fixed the warnings that got in the code base during the period
> the job was not running and now the findbugs job is running correctly on
> master branch as a part of the check-patch with no warnings.
> Please be sure to note CI failures that may arise due to new warnings in
> pushed patches.

Eyal edri

ASSOCIATE MANAGER

RHV DevOps

EMEA VIRTUALIZATION R&D

Red Hat EMEA <https://www.redhat.com/>
<https://red.ht/sig> TRIED. TESTED. TRUSTED. <https://redhat.com/trusted>
phone: +972-9-7692018
irc: eedri (on #tlv #rhev-dev #rhev-integ)