[ovirt-devel] Name resolution not working after vdsm installation

Dan Kenigsberg danken at redhat.com
Wed Apr 25 13:43:25 UTC 2018

On Wed, Apr 25, 2018 at 1:07 PM, Piotr Kliczewski
<piotr.kliczewski at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 25, 2018 at 11:45 AM, Martin Sivak <msivak at redhat.com> wrote:
>> IPv6 only DNS? Cool (if it works) :)
>
> It used to :)
>

>> Martin
>>
>> On Wed, Apr 25, 2018 at 11:43 AM, Piotr Kliczewski
>> <piotr.kliczewski at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> In addition here is my resolv.conf
>>>
>>> ; generated by /usr/sbin/dhclient-script
>>> nameserver 2001:730:3ed2::53
>>> nameserver 2001:730:3ed2:1000::53
>>> search localdomain

Sorry for breaking your use case.
Marcin can show you how to write an ifcfg hook which reinroduces IPV6_
entries to the ifcfg file.

We never supported IPV6 default route; but I would have expected add
host flow to at least maintain your autoconf.
Could you file a bug with your *vdsm.log and engine.log from the time
of add-host?