[ovirt-devel] what does the vm.merge do in vdsm?

Pen pencc at foxmail.com
Thu Jan 25 15:42:48 UTC 2018

hi
      what means in vdsm api merge's param "drive.volumeID" in [1]?If I want delete "snapshot1" in snapshot chain [3],
"drive.volumeID" means "snapshot2" or  "active_img"? I have seen about document in [2], then I have a question,
If we want delete "snapshot1" in [4], and "snapshot1" is "snapshot2"'s srcVolume and "snapshot3"'s srcVolume at the
same time, what should I do? merge twice?

[1]
@api.method
def merge(self, drive, baseVolUUID, topVolUUID, bandwidth=0, jobUUID=None):
    return self.vm.merge(
        drive, baseVolUUID, topVolUUID, bandwidth, jobUUID)

[2] https://www.ovirt.org/develop/release-management/features/storage/live-merge/

[3]
backing_img --- snapshot1 --- snapshot2 --- active_img

[4]
backing_img --- snapshot1 --- snapshot2 --- active_img

                     ----- snapshot3