[Engine-devel] Eclipse IDE setup

Jon Choate jchoate at redhat.com
Mon Feb 6 17:55:54 UTC 2012

On 02/06/2012 12:18 PM, Adam Litke wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 06, 2012 at 10:58:13AM -0500, Laszlo Hornyak wrote:
>> Hi Adam!
>>
>> Please check if workspace maven resolution is enabled, and run a maven build with install.
>> If it is still broken, then there must be a bad dependency in the pom.xml-s... it happens :-(
> Thanks for your suggestions.  Maven resolution is enabled.  Then I tried to
> build on the command line using mvn directly but got the same errors as in
> eclipse.  Next, I tried to checkout out the 3.0 branch (assuming that the build
> should be more stable) and I got a different set of compilation errors.
>
> This brings up a few questions:
>
> 1.) Which jdk should I use?  I am currently using OpenJDK
>
> /usr/lib/jvm/java-1.6.0-openjdk/bin/java -version
> java version "1.6.0_23"
> OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea6 1.11pre) (6b23~pre11-0ubuntu1.11.10.1)

I am using a very similar jdk but on Fedora -

#> java -version
java version "1.6.0_22"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea6 1.10.4) (fedora-60.1.10.4.fc15-x86_64)

I can check what I am using on my Ubuntu machine when I get home.

Have you put the correct settings in ~/.m2/settings.xml?
http://www.ovirt.org/wiki/Building_oVirt_engine#Maven_personal_settings

Jon