[Engine-devel] SharedRawDisk feature detail

Livnat Peer lpeer at redhat.com
Sun Feb 12 17:03:12 UTC 2012

On 02/02/12 17:15, Maor wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> The shared raw disk feature description can be found under the following
> links:
>   http://www.ovirt.org/wiki/Features/DetailedSharedRawDisk
>   http://www.ovirt.org/wiki/Features/SharedRawDisk
>
> Please feel free, to share your comments.
>
> Regards,
> Maor

Hi Maor,

- "when taking a VM snapshot, a snapshot of the shared disk will not be
taken."
I think it is worth mentioning that the shared disk will be part of the
VM snapshot configuration. The disk will appear as unplugged.

- Move VM is deprecated in 3.1.

- It seems from the wiki that shared disk is not supported for template
but is supported for VM pool.
I am not sure how can we do that? iirc we create pool from template.

What is the complexity of supporting shared disk in Templates? off the
top of my head it seems like it is more complicated to block shared
disks in templates than to support it. What do you think?

Livnat