[Engine-devel] bridgless networks

Roy Golan rgolan at redhat.com
Wed Feb 15 09:34:05 UTC 2012

----- Original Message -----

correct, the phrasing is bad. I meant that when we are doing the actual attach, should
we implicitly choose not to create a bridge on vNic or SRIOV ?
Anyway for now the best and fastest approach I think is to give freedom of choice - the user will choose
if the network should be bridged or not during the attach.

> 2. "UI shall user shall" .
> 3. Not sure the REST API is complete. How is the property set on the
> logical network (upon creation or later) ?
please see my former post. I suggest we won't have this property on the logical network at all.
> 4. So, if there's no bridge on my bond, can I now use the bond
> methods
> that are incompatible with bridges and therefore we did not allow
> them
> until now?
why not? is VDSM blocking those?