[Engine-devel] Autorecovery feature plan for review

Ayal Baron abaron at redhat.com
Wed Feb 15 11:19:48 UTC 2012

----- Original Message -----
> On 02/14/2012 11:36 PM, Yair Zaslavsky wrote:

> >> because upgrade and clean install are running the same scripts?
> > I guess I still fail to understand.
> > Scenarios (as both upgrade and clean install run the same scripts)
> > a. In environment to be upgraded we have X entities that are non
> > recoverable - after upgrade these X entities have the boolean flag
> > set
> > to false. New entities in the system will be created with auto
> > recoverable set to true.
>
> I still fail to understand why you 'punish' existing objects and not
> giving them the new feature enabled by default.

This is not a feature, it's a bug!
This should not be treated as a feature and this should not be configurable!
Today an object moves to non-operational due to state reported by vdsm.  The object should immediately return to up the moment vdsm reports the object as ok (this means that you don't stop monitoring just because there is an error).
That's it. no db field and no nothing...
This pertains to storage domains, network, host status, whatever.