[Engine-devel] Clone VM from snapshot feature

Yair Zaslavsky yzaslavs at redhat.com
Mon Feb 27 19:42:11 UTC 2012

On 02/27/2012 09:09 PM, Itamar Heim wrote:
> On 02/26/2012 05:05 PM, Yair Zaslavsky wrote:
>> On 02/26/2012 04:55 PM, Ayal Baron wrote:

Of course there is shared code - for example, in the class diagram I
presented for Clone VM from Snapshot, it can clearly be seen that there
is code reuse, and there are two paths of "image-creation" (actually,
there is of course also a 3rd path of 'createImage' verb) - path for
snapshot and path for copyImage - In addition, the code of the
"addVmXXXCommand" usually extends AddVmCommand, and of course introduces
some changes.
In addition , differences may occur at MLA (for example, for
clone-vm-from-snapshot, and maybe other future flows I'm considering of
adding a new action-group for CloneVm to the code - I'll update the wiki
shortly on this), and of course UI-wise.
So I hope that now I gave more explanations on where the code is similar
and where its different (actually, I would like to point that in my
changes, I'm striving to introduce more code-reuse).

Yair