[Engine-devel] the future of template cloning

Ayal Baron abaron at redhat.com
Thu Jan 12 20:45:04 UTC 2012

----- Original Message -----
> We are going to be able to store the disks for a template on
> different storage domains due to the multiple storage domain
> feature.  Cloning a template will still be possible, but will it
> provide any value?  Thoughts?

I see no relation between the two options.

Scenario 1: I can create a VM with a single disk and create a template from it.
I would still want to be able to clone the template in order to provision VMs from it on different domains.

Scenario 2: same thing with multiple disks on same domain.

Scenario 3: I have a template with 2 disks on 2 different domains (domain A and domain B) and I want to have another copy of the template on domain C and domain D