[Engine-devel] the future of template cloning

Livnat Peer lpeer at redhat.com
Mon Jan 16 14:46:40 UTC 2012

On 12/01/12 22:45, Ayal Baron wrote:

> [...]

Hi Jon,

After talking to Michael Pasternak it seems that we did not implemented
copyTemplate in the REST API, it seems to be a gap that we have.

This gap is playing in our favor, we can remove the copyTemplate verb
and introduce copyDisk verb.

The template disks can be copied to another SD.
When creating a VM from template the user can choose per disk the
destination SD (only SD with the disks are eligible candidates).

Livnat