[Engine-devel] Separating engine-setup from ovirt-engine

Ofer Schreiber oschreib at redhat.com
Wed Jul 4 07:22:21 UTC 2012

----- Original Message -----
> On 07/03/2012 10:23 PM, Dan Kenigsberg wrote:

> > Could this possibly be avoided by an optional flag to the build
> > script?
>
> indeed.
> or make rpm after 'cd packaging' would only build the packaging, or
> configure script on what to build, etc.

1. the "cd packaging" option is possible, but it means we will have another Makefile and spec file inside the packaging dir, just for engine-setup.
This will actually separate engine-setup rpm from the ovirt-engine base rpm, and will require the same release-cycle/versioning/etc as Dan stated.
Doing this will just save us the external git, as it will have to be a separate package, just inside the same git

2. configure script is fine, but as long as we're a sub-package of ovirt-engine, we will have to build the engine every time we want to build the setup.