[Engine-devel] Minor trouble getting SSL enabled in JBOSS

Frantz, Chris Chris.Frantz at hp.com
Thu Jul 12 16:25:09 UTC 2012

Greetings,

I've been getting my feet wet with the ovirt-engine codebase.  I've followed the instructions on the Building_oVirt_engine page and everything went rather well except for enabling SSL in JBOSS (7.1.1-Final).

I had to do this, instead of what is in the wiki page:

$ cd /usr/share/jboss-as
$ keytool -genkey -alias jboss -keyalg RSA -keysize 1024 -keystore .keystore -validity 3650
$ chown jboss-as:jboss-as .keystore
$ /usr/share/jboss-as/bin/jboss-cli.sh --connect
[standalone at localhost:9999 /] /subsystem=web/connector=https/ssl=configuration/:add
[standalone at localhost:9999 /] /subsystem=web/connector=https/ssl=configuration/:write-attribute(name=name,value=https)
[standalone at localhost:9999 /] /subsystem=web/connector=https/ssl=configuration/:write-attribute(name=key-alias,value=jboss)
[standalone at localhost:9999 /] /subsystem=web/connector=https/ssl=configuration/:write-attribute(name=password,value=PASSWORD)
[standalone at localhost:9999 /] /subsystem=web/connector=https/ssl=configuration/:write-attribute(name=certificate-key-file,value=/usr/share/jboss-as/.keystore)
[standalone at localhost:9999 /] exit

# service jboss-as restart

My knowledge of jboss is extremely limited, so I don't know if this different procedure is related to a change from one jboss version to the next, a misconfiguration on my part or some other factor.

Would anyone care to comment?  Should I update the wiki page with this alternate procedure?

Thanks,
--Chris