[Engine-devel] Requirements for hosts in a non-virt cluster.

Livnat Peer lpeer at redhat.com
Sun Jul 15 06:29:19 UTC 2012

On 12/07/12 22:49, Itamar Heim wrote:
> On 07/12/2012 04:19 PM, Steve Gordon wrote:
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> When creating a cluster with 'Enable virt service' selected when a
>> host is later added to it we use vdsGetCaps to check that the host has
>> the required virtualization extensions etc. What checks are performed
>> if 'Enable virt service' is *not* checked but 'Enable gluster service'
>> is?
>
> iirc, same checks except the kvm / VT is enabled in host and bios.
> gluster still need to add bootstrap code to install and configure the
> gluster rpms, ip tables, etc.

Adding to the above - from a quick look we have 3 phases -

1. Networking validation - shared for virt and gluster (network topology
that is required by the cluster is enforced)

2. processSoftwareCapabilities - empty implementation for gluster
(GlusterMonitoringStrategy)

3. processHardwareCapabilities - empty implementation for gluster
(GlusterMonitoringStrategy)

Livnat