[Engine-devel] No more forking in bll tests

Allon Mureinik amureini at redhat.com
Mon Jul 23 07:12:46 UTC 2012

Hi guys,

This morning a couple of patches were merged to remove Gluster's dependency on PowerMock (Shireesh and Selvasundaram - thanks for your commitment and involvement!).
Consequentially, there is no more need to fork bll's tests, so that too was removed.

Currently, bll's full build runs in just under 3 minutes (on my machine), and just under a minute for the test suite alone, without re-compiling the entire module.

Let's keep it this way - It is /NOT/ ok to add new usages of PowerMock.
The few leftoveres that are still there are being examined, and the PowerMock dependency will be removed once they are also gone.

Here's to speedy builds and agile development,
Allon

P.S.
A mega-huge thanks to everyone that was involved in this effort - Laszlo, Mike, Omer, Shireesh, Selvasundaram, and anyone else I may have forgotten by mistake.