[Engine-devel] oVirt UI Plugins: Update on current progress

Vojtech Szocs vszocs at redhat.com
Fri Jul 27 13:12:15 UTC 2012

Hi George,

the PoC defines a simple ActionButtonClick event which is fired when the user clicks on "New Server" button, and WebAdmin invokes ActionButtonClick function on all plugins. This is just an example to demonstrate how plugin invocation could work.

If you want to add new button to VM main tab, there should be a separate event fired when the VM main tab is rendered, with plugins providing extra button definitions. Alternatively, pluginApi object can provide some API to add these buttons at time when plugin code gets loaded. Unfortunately, this isn't part of the PoC yet, as I wanted to discuss this with you before continuing with PoC implementation.

As for developing plugins with GWT, I've sent a mail about this, discussing two possible ways to develop plugins. We should evaluate pros/cons of each approach and decide which way to go first.. (the PoC contains hand-written JavaScript for now though)

Vojtech