[Engine-devel] RFE: Netwrok Main Tab

Simon Grinberg simon at redhat.com
Tue Oct 2 17:36:44 UTC 2012

Trying to sum up some of the suggestions ('coincidently' dropping those which I think a bit too much for first implementation :)) and add some suggestions of my own

1. On the hosts subtab:
   1.1 Have a radio button that will show either
       1.1.1 All the hosts that this network is attached to
       1.1.2 All the hosts where this network attached to the cluster but not to the host (Very important for non-required where the host status does not indicate something is missing)
   1.2 Have a remove button for 1.1.1, ManageNetworks button for 1.1.2. Simple add will not do since you don't know where to add.

2. On the vms subtab
   2.1 Have a radio button that will show either
       2.1.1 All the vms that this network is attached to
       2.1.2 All the vms where this network is not attached to
   2.2 Have a 'remove' button for 2.1.1, Have 'add' button for 2.1.2
   2.3 Allow multiple selection for both actions of 2.2
   2.4 Add remove from all button.
   2.5 I would not bother to show all the nics attached to the VM from the same network, it's too rare. Just make sure there is no exception if this does exist. So the columns should have 'nic' as the first and there should be only one VM per line. If there are more then one nic per VM then just indicate 'multiple'

3. Templates subtab - same as VM, drop the expansion of the NICs list.

4. Clusters subtab
   Allow assign to multiple clusters - same as the edit in the data center tab (Just use the same dialogue)

5. Main: You have enough space then why not add the MTU column?

6. Queries for the sub tabs: For each needs the reverse query as well (Probably more important when adding new network)

Oops, I think I mostly added and dropped (almost) nothing :)

Regards,
Simon