[Engine-devel] alias in disk instead of name

Simon Grinberg simon at redhat.com
Sun Oct 21 13:36:02 UTC 2012

----- Original Message -----

Names by definition are not unique IDs, thus it should not be enforced.
What would be the auto naming conversion to ensure uniqueness with plain text?
Would you change these on import/export?
And so on...

You should treat the name as a tag/alias that if you bothered to update, probably means something to you, if not then you don't care anyhow and will not search by it anyhow. So it's up to the user what to assign.