[Engine-devel] git-review

Saggi Mizrahi smizrahi at redhat.com
Mon Oct 22 21:32:01 UTC 2012

I've recently encountered more and more people not using the git-review tool and manually pushing their changes to Gerrit using raw git commands.
Even though there is nothing wrong with doing things the hard way. I prefer not using an overly complicated error prone way to interact with Gerrit.

Last I checked the version of git-review in Fedora is broken but I suggest using pip anyway as it is always synced with the master branch.

Also, please use topics. Either use a BZ# or a topic codename (eg. live_migration, vdsm_api, nfs4_support) so people can skim the review list for topics they might want to review.
Be careful, it automatically uses current the branch name (unless you use -t) so if you giving your branches funny names (I know I do) don't forget to manually specify a topic.

More information.

http://wiki.openstack.org/GerritWorkflow
https://github.com/openstack-ci/git-review