[Engine-devel] RFE: Netwrok Main Tab

Moti Asayag masayag at redhat.com
Sun Sep 23 16:12:51 UTC 2012

On 09/23/2012 05:01 PM, Yaniv Kaul wrote:
> On 09/23/2012 04:55 PM, Alona Kaplan wrote:

IMO adding 'assign' action in the main tab might be handy in order to
assign a single network in a single dialog to several clusters.

However It is not clear to me how Add/Edit for a VM in a sub-tab should
look like. The VM should have a list of interfaces (represented as sub
collection/tree).
What will be the meaning of 'Add' in that context? Since the VM already
have a vNIC attached to that network. If adding another once, it should
be enabled on the record representing the VM itself which will confuse
the user.
Same goes for 'Edit' of a VM interface under a context of a specific
network: in the current 'Edit VM Interface' you can change the network.
Should the same dialog be used here as well?

The 'Remove' option is the clearer action on this context.